Surat city is a unique city and here are the reasons.
- Surat is one of the safest cities of India.
- Surat is third cleanest city of India.
- Surat is fourth fastest growing city of the world.
- Surat was ranked the best city to live in India in 2013.
- Surat used to be the richest city of India with contribution of highest GDP.
Off the record reasons
- Surat is known for it's food. Many Gujarati famous items were invented in Surat. Nankhatai, Khaman, Undhiyu for an example.
- Surat has it's own innovative food items which you won't find in any part of India. Examples: Locho, Cold-coco, Aloo puri, Ghari, Idada and many many more.
- It's a saying in Gujarati, Surat nu jaman ane Kashi nu maran, means Eat in Surat and die in Kashi.
- Surat was a city even before Mumbai, Delhi or Banglore existed.
- People in Surat believe in an interesting philosophy, "the more you will spend, the more you will make."
This is what people believe about Suratis
- They will come in a BMW and will eat street food on the footpath.
- They will get up early every Sunday and will drive 20 KMs to Dumas (nearest beach), just to eat Bhajiya.
- They will come along with you to show you the place you have asked them for.
- They will go for jogging everyday in the park so that they can eat faafda and jalebi everyday.
- They will play Antakshari in floods and will search for street food on the day after floods.
- In short people in Surat are the friendliest and the most supportive comparing to other cities.
So people of Surat and food and culture of the city distinguishes from other cities of India.