They say you only know the value of something when it is taken away from you. This couldn't have been truer about our motherland. We Indians go gaga about going abroad, but we terribly miss India once we start living elsewhere. Life offers many opportunities there but nothing can beat the feeling that you get when you smell apni mitti ki khushbu and hear the mad honking on the roads.
1. The flight back home gives you goosebumps because there is no feeling like going back to the place you belong.
2. Suddenly you don't seem to mind the traffic chaos and pollution because you finally feel at home.
3. You bargain like a pro with the autowaala and realise how much you've missed doing these things!
4. You are suddenly treated like a celebrity. Even random relatives pamper you.
5. Everybody expects some sort of gift from you.
6. People have never been more interested about your life.
7. Even though you're loving every bit of what you see, you can't help becoming a cleanliness freak.
8. The feeling you get when you have thela chai and spicy food at a dhaba is unexplainable.
9. Seeing your home and your neighbourhood gives you a flashback of memories and leaves you in tears.
10. Finally coming back to the culture and diversity you are so proud of feels amazing.
11. Revisiting all your childhood addas with your friends is so relaxing.
12. MC and BC suddenly sound poetic.
13. You can finally splurge on things without having to worry about the expenses.
14. People really dig your accent.
15. At the end of the day, you're so glad you're back because nothing can beat the feeling you get of being in your motherland.
Living abroad has taught you a lot, but you have finally realized that money can't buy happiness!